Tuneage


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, April 20, 2009

The Nightman Cameth and It. Was. Good.

On Friday, the fruits of my jambase trolling labors were enjoyed in the biggest way... 

About a month ago, I spotted a listing for 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (LIVE)' on an events calendar. Being a huge fan of the show, I purchased my $20 immediately despite having absolutely no idea what to expect. Would they merely perform the songs from that episode? Would Danny DeVito be there demanding the troll toll? Despite being a minor character, would our beloved Artemis make an appearance?

Well, too our (I was accompanied by the lovely Ms Crow) utter glee, not only did they act out the entire episode but happily, the packed audience bolstered such enthusiastic cheers at all my favorite jokes.  It is a rare occurrence to find yourself among such kindred spirits -- the incredible delight I felt when the dude next to me cheered 'Artemis!' upon her unveiling was indescribable.  We giggled like idiots -- giddy from the sheer joy of seeing Danny DeVito merely 5 feet away in full troll gear.  

I felt humbled Friday, realizing how very lucky I am to live in a city where I can experience such amazing / unique things. 

Since my iphone effing sucks and wont email my shitty pics to myself and because no one has uploaded any videos from this show that I've been able to find, here are some clips, picture it LIVE:
 



(this part was so classic seeing it live...Charlie finding her in the audience among us, was so interactive, i felt like I was actually part of this episode - hilarious)

and of course

No comments:

Post a Comment