Tuneage


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Bird and The Bee

One of the main reasons I haven't let the pitfalls of this city drive me back to the ease and comfort of Texas is the idea that on almost any given night, L.A. holds the promise of a chance to see amazing live music at one of its many historical and intimate venues for often a small fee. 

Last night $13 bought me (not including drinks, valet parking, food and... did I say booze?) admission to The Echoplex to see The Bird and The Bee.  Despite being an avid music lover, I always find my vocabulary with which to describe my musical experiences poorly lacking.  Most often I hear myself describe the shows I see in painfully simple and flimsy terms like: 'amazing' 'okay' 'fun' 'lame' 'awesome.' But, thanks to the modern comforts of YouTube and the like, frustration over my inarticulate command of musical language is alleviated and I can happily say...The Bird and the Bee was awesome at the echoplex last night, see for yourself:

(haven't been able to find a clip from the echoplex, but it went a little something like this...)

Downloads:
My Love
Love Letter to Japan
Diamond Dave
I Wont Go For That
F**king Boyfriend
How Deep is Your Love

No comments:

Post a Comment