Tuneage


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, April 13, 2009

Facebook: Reunited and it Feels so Good

After 40 days and 40 nights sans Facebook I have accumulated:

5 wall posts
13 friend requests
10 event invitations
35 inbox messages
15 group requests
1 friend suggestion
and a slew of 47 other requests

Of these 13 friend requests, 5 were from manboys of various localities in Turkey. Two were from elder camp counselors from my waldy days and 1 was Annette Yonemitsu of the Century City Flower Mart where I recently begged them to wrap a 24 swag basket for a charity event at the last minute one Saturday. A true 'wtf, mate?' moment.  

Loser? I think...perhaps. 
But among the 35 inbox messages, I received this little self esteem boost from one Kishan Parmar of Leicester: 



Reflecting upon my brief hiatus and subsequent return to 'The Book' I now find it to be creepier and more invasive than ever after my rather uneventful homecoming. My time spent on facebook will surely dimmish in the coming days and weeks, as my desire to stalk and post have all but vanished this lenten season. But, it's comforting to know that when you really need it, a friend is only a poke away.

No comments:

Post a Comment