Tuneage


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A&E > ABC

As previously mentioned, pigs are flying over a frozen tundra in hell and my attention is no longer retained by 'the bachelorette.' faced by the grim prospect of a monday night sans reality programming (save for charm school... but I prefer to watch my vh1 trash via dvr - i don't know, maybe it makes me feel like im wasting less of my precious time on earth if i've able to fast forward through the commercials) i was overjoyed to discover that A&E has got me covered. 

Intervention: 
embarking on in it's 7th season, i had my doubts that it could possibly continue to deliver riveting and emotional stories of addiction after last week's regular ol' alchi. i mean how, after seven years of crack addicted teenagers and duster huffing ballerinas (especially after the loss of one of our favorite interventionists Jeff VonVonderen who sadly fell off the wagon in the off season) can a show possibly live up to such standards of f**kedupery? i'll tell you how: anorexic twins. last night's tale of the co-dependent twenty-something polish-american anorexic identical twins made good on Intervention's promise of gripping dysfunction...
click to watch sonia & julia's fascinating story

Obsessed:
much like intervention, A&E's new docuseries Obsessed explores the isolating and despairing condition of obsessive compulsive disorder and its bizarre manifestations. the series follows its subjects throughout a 6 week course of therapy, which unlike intervention, allows the viewer a fascinating first hand look at the real pain, anxiety and necessary hard work involved in recovering from such conditions. I already have my favorite therapist, Shana Doronn, who gives Candy Finnigan a run for her money. tune in for next week's affliction: compulsive hoarding, which i'm pretty sure my grandmother has and will likely demystify grey gardens for me forever, but you know i'll be impossible to resist... 

No comments:

Post a Comment