Tuneage


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Clean Plate Club

well...the silver lining of last night as I watched the dynasty helplessly succumb to those rat bastard Mavs, was the amazing home cooked meal Chef Becca prepared for us. She's the type of girl with an endearingly delusional amount of humility who, pretty much a champ at anything she attempts, insisted "I don't know, I've never tried Turkey Burgers before or done Onion rings this way - forgive me" Okay, first of all - anyone who has not under gone proper culinary training, who actually attempts to make either of these from scratch  is one badass mofo in my book. Secondly, it was so incredibly delicious that Becca graciously accepted me into the "Clean Plate Club." I mean look at that pic - two buck chuck, pecans in their green beans, such a classy touch. The point of a post about a simple meal is this: it wasn't just the succulent turkey patties or the flavorful green beans, it was the rare experience of enjoying something that didn't come from a can, microwave or a drive-in. I left truly inspired, wanting to kick myself for being blase while living at home, balking at my mother's announcement of "we're having breaded chicken breasts, pan roasted asparagus and roasted new potatoes." So, thank you Becca for filling not just my tummy, but my soul ;) You will make some man very fat and happy one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment