Tuneage


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, May 29, 2009

The Next Jack Bauer?

working in this biz, you often encounter people with...how shall I say this....unrealistic visions of grandeur. most of the time it's funny, sometimes its sad. today i found myself embroiled in controversy over this particular frenchie - okay not really, but someone did say 'that's mean' when I hung this on the fridge in the kitchen. to be clear, i'm not making a mockery out of this dude, i think its great. aim high! go for your dreams! shoot for the sky so you'll land among the stars at least or whatevz. anyways, judge for yourself:

Friday, May 1st 2009

Attn: (name removed to protect my innocence)

Subject: Role in the TV series 24

My name is Guy Vallieres and I am a fan of the series 24. I am watching it since the first year and really enjoy it. It is packed with actions, interesting characters and great story. I was watching the show last week and was telling myself what a great experience and adventure it must be to play and be involved in this kind of series. So I decided to write and take my chance to offer myself for a role in the next season.

The idea started to run a little bit in my mind last autumn while watching the two hours episode Redemption. At the beginning of the year, I started training to get in shape. At this point, I lost 15 pounds and I am now increasing the intensity of my training. I am now 190 pounds and my height is 5 feet 7 inches. My age is 37. I also started last week training in martial arts. I am doing two times a week kickboxing and two times a week Senshido. This is a reality-based self defense system teach to miliatary, law officer, bodyguard, etc. I also have a background in judo, which I practiced for 15 years while I was younger. You will find a picture of me with this letter. The picture was taken last week. I am currently living in Montreal and my first language is French. English is my second language.

I have no experience as an actor except that I did figuration once for a friend who is making auteur cinema in Montreal. I am available to travel to California at your convenience to meet anyone I had to and pass an audition.

Sincerely,
Guy

i love this guy. the image of him training for 24 with the Rocky theme song playing is classic. and p.s. i think his english is pretty damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment